Thursday, March 1, 2012

Day 6 - February 27, 2012

After blessing ourselves with holy water, we walked back & forth the entire hour due to heavy wind, which helped us to keep warm. Maribeth & I held our pro-life signs & Christine led us in the rosary reading a brief Joyful Mystery before each Hail Mary.  We offered this up for all involved in abortion in any way. They she led us in the Chaplet of Divine Mercy for all abortion doctors to see God's light & truth & to stop killing innocent babies in the womb.  With some time left, she read other prayers, some songs then for all involved in 40 Days for Life, she led one decade of the rosary reading a brief meditation from the Glorious Mysteries.  Our hands were pretty much frozen at the end of our prayer vigil but only took a short time to warm them up in our cars on the way home.

At the start of our prayer vigil, a man drove by us with a big smile & nodding in approval, followed by a young man driving by yelling "---- you".  We never let these outburts get us angry!!! I immediately read the little prayer that Aunt Stella had given me years ago, which I have taped to the back of my Rosary booklet: "My Lord, I offer this to You. Teach me to forgive as Christ forgave, to love as He loved." That young man with all his anger was held up in pray by us & hopefully the Holy Spirit will heal his hurting heart one day & he will join the culture of Life with us.  Then a young man drove by & said, "my girlfriend had an abortion." His voice was a bit shaky, so I truly believe that he was just letting us know in his own way that he was hurting, so we said a prayer of healing for him as well.  (Jenny P)

No comments:

Post a Comment