Saturday, March 24, 2012

WE DO MAKE A DIFFERENCE! (March 19, 2012)

An email from Mary R...to Sue K on March 19, 2012:

Someone stopped by the clinic today when I was praying with a message for you!
I was about half-way through my hour of prayer, and though the day was absolutely beautiful, and warm, I was feeling the solitariness of it all and fending off the temptations of "is this really necessary?   -- you could say prayers at home...."  But, then again, ....it's all for Jesus, and in reparation for all the bloodshed; always MANY things to pray for.

Then a small black car pulled up and parked and a young African-American woman got out and came towards me.  She asked if I knew "Sue"?  She said that 3 years ago, she had met you out in front of the clinic and shared her story of being pregnant, ready to be evicted, and not knowing what to do.  
She said  "but I had my baby...my son...come see, he's in the car...his name is Jaden" .  I met her beautiful, boisterous, all-boy 3-yr-old!  Her name is Nia, and she said you led her to Darlene who helped her out; and, I think took her in and was with her for Jaden's birth.  Nia said she's doing well now, has her own place; Jaden's dad is active in his son's life and she still stays in close touch with Darlene.
She just wanted to tell you and all of us how important our work and prayers are and thank you!   I thanked HER for stopping!   
Praise the Lord!  He always knows when I'm getting a bit discouraged!  I always read the stories on the national 40 Days site and Jenny & Maribeth's stories and think WOW!   Well, today I had my WOW moment! So thanks for YOUR love and concern towards Nia three years ago!  She now has her beautiful son, and she said he is such a joy for everyone in her family and is so very loved !   (Mary R)


---------

What a blessing to know that simple efforts of kindness and concern from our Spring 2009 campaign are still being felt in our community!!!  See, my fellow prayer warriors, WE DO MAKE A HUGE DIFFERENCE!  I anticipate what God will do with all of our current encounters.... (Maribeth)

No comments:

Post a Comment