Saturday, May 5, 2012

April 19, 2012 - Thursday Vigil

April 19 - (Jenny) -- Beautiful, sunny evening to pray for the precious, helpless unborn. It was a teensy bit chilly, but no problem.   I blest myself with holy water & sprinkled a little on the prayer path then began the opening prayers holding onto my Pray to End Abortion sign, my big yellow LIFE balloon with my smiley face on the other side of it with curly red hair & my rosary.  The lawn guy was finishing up & nodded & smiled as he walked by.  Then the "go home" guy drove by & yelled that.  I wondered, why does it bother him so much that a woman is walking slowly & praying to end abortion at this abortion mill?!?!? I said a prayer for him that God would soften his hardened heart & let His truth & light flow into his soul & heal him if he is hurting from abortion in any way.  Then Nancy joined me with her pro-life sign & she led us in the rosary for the pro-life intentions that she mentioned before we began.  For the abortion doctors healing & conversion, we sang the Chaplet of Divine Mercy.  A young woman pushinig her little baby walked by & smiled, happy honks were heard throughout the prayer hour & smiles, waves, thumbs up from those driving by.   Remember, each Thursday (not during a campaign) there will be a group prayer vigil at 6:00 p.m. -- reading/singing from the Family Prayer booklets we use during our official 40 Days for Life campaigns.

No comments:

Post a Comment