Thursday, July 19, 2012

July 12, 2012 - Thursday Vigil


   After blessing ourselves with holy water, we stood on the grass a little ways down from the abortion mill as the grass was being cut.  Richard led Maribeth & I in the rosary, with a brief Sorrowful meditation before each decade.  Lots of traffic & lots of thumbs up, happy honks, smiles & waves.  When I see a car with a rosary hanging from the mirror, I always say a quick prayer "Lord, let them stop & join us in prayer for a bit."  Every now & again, this actually happens. Thank you, Jesus!!! We heard one negative "leave them alone."  What was that man thinking?!?!?  If we do not stand out here in front of the place where innocent unborn babies are being killed, no one will know.  That is exactly what satan wants... keep this evil hidden... not gonna happen as long as I am healthy enough to be out there.  Many!!! folks that stop by & thank us for praying here tell us, "I didn't know abortion was going on here."  Of course not, WomanCare does not sound like a baby killing mill, does it?  Anyways, we said a prayer for enlightment for that misguided man.

     After the noise from the lawn service was gone, we were able to read from "Family Prayers, Reflecitons, & Songs" booklet.  We took turns reading about the Nativity & all the hardships the Holy Family had to go through.  It made me say to myself, Jesus forgive me!!! how dare I complain about anything in my life!!! These 2000+ years later, we have it made...cars, electricity, etc, etc, etc. Richard then led us in prolife intentions. Weanswered, "God of guidance and hope, hear our prayer. We then read about Noah & were reminded how the rainbow is a sign from God of His covenant made with Noah. We then sang Here I am Lord & Blest be the  Lord. Richard led us in the Stations of the Cross.

   We prayer warriors are!!! making a difference by simply being out there in peaceful prayer in front of these killing mills.  I know that God anwers every prayer, but in His own perfect way, so I await to see what He has planned for our country & our world at this difficult time we are going through.  As always, we said the Prayer for the Conversion of Abortionists and their Staffs.  (Jenny)

No comments:

Post a Comment