Friday, October 12, 2012

October 5, 2012 - Day 10

St. Augustine/Holy Family Parishes Adopt A Day was on Friday, October 5th. We had an awesome turnout and were able to give a good witness for the cause of life! It was a God-incident that our "adopt a day," event happened to be on the Feast Day of St. Faustina Kawalska. She happened to suffer much for the sin of abortion and I felt she was with us spiritually especially since both of our parishes have a great devotion to the Divine Mercy message. 
On the overcast, Friday afternoon, Fr. Phil lead 17 of us in prayer at the 3:00 p.m hour. We prayed the Divine Mercy Chaplet, sang Marian Hymns, meditated on the sorrowful mysteries of the Rosary, read the 40 Days for Life daily devotion, and we recommitted ourselves to the prolife cause by praying the Litany in Response to Abortion by Fr. Frank Pavone. 
We came from several different communities of faith all under the one purpose to end the culture of death by our prayers and witness and God's mercy. The prayer warrior who would get the prize for traveling the farthest would be Seminarian John who showed up in the wind and rain in his flip-flops. Ouch! Being from North Dakota, he says our weather is warm compared to the unmerciful snow falls that are back in his home state. I have to admit I am not as tough as John. I had my toe warms on the bottom of my feet.
We gave a powerful witness to what Christ died for when we instinctively knelt to pray the final mystery of the Sorrowful Rosary, Our Lord's Crucifixion. Do you think 17 people kneeling at the onset of rush hour got some attention on 15-Mile Road that afternoon? I do not doubt it! It was a remarkably peaceful prayer witness and one that I am sure strengthened everyone's resolve for the cause for life. After that prayer hour ended a few of us took a break for an hour, while others stayed to pray while it got cold, windy, and rainy.
As I returned, with my fellow prayer warrior, Donna, I was impressed to see Seminarian John standing holding an umbrella in his flip-flops for a group of women with a picture of Our Lady of Guadalupe while they prayed the Rosary. My toes were cold for him even with my toe warmers! When they departed and we took over the next prayer hour, I told John, "You need to find some socks." I could not help it; I guess it must be the mother in me, and besides I think his own mother would have appreciated it. With a smile he said, "It is laundry day. I think I can find a pair!" 
We prayed the Rosary for the Conversion of America and sang American Hymns the next prayer hour. I met some wonderful prayer warriors from Fr. Phil's former parish, St. Lawrence, and they shared an inspiration of protecting religious freedom which they received from Fr. Phil. There were several of us who stood in the rain and cold, but our spirits were warm with the love of God, who we know accomplishes everything!
God bless,
Jill 
P.S. please remember to pray for Seminarian John and his brother Jason who are being called to the priesthood and religious life.







 ======================================================================


As I blest myself with holy water & sprinkled a bit on the ground around me I looked up & a lady in her car stopped by the light was trying to read my sign with her head tilted as my sign was tilted. I held it straight for her so she could read it "Pray To End Abortion." She smiled & gave me a thumbs up. I said "Thank you, God bless you."

WOW!!! There was a big group of prayer warriors with Jill from different churches & a Sacred Heart Seminarian. Jill H/St. Augustine Parish will update us on their prayer time out there when she gets a chance & it will be on our blog. I said hello to all & passed out Baby Jesus Prayer cards to all then began my walk up & down the sidewalk while softly singing the Holy Rosary, meditating on the Sorrowful Mysteries then the Chaplet of Divine Mercy, for all involved in abortion in any way. Since it was raining slightly, I left all my prayer cards/booklets in my bag where they would stay dry. Maribeth had to work late, so she arrived toward the end of the 6pm prayer vigil but had a chance to talk to all the Prayer Warriors with Jill then she & I went closer to WomanCare abortion mill & she said a beautiful pro-life prayer & we sang Jesus, remember me when you come into Your Kingdom, O Jesus remember me when You come into Your Kingdom.
Kathy/Mike L, Maribeth, myself & a few other prayer warriors then went to St. Malachy Church for the First Friday Service. It was just a beautiful, peaceful service, giving us all a good, long while to be there with Our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament on the alter. Much needed relaxing time with Jesus that we all needed.
I took a cup of chocolate kisses from the gathering room table of goodies to give me a little boost of energy as I still had work to do, said good bye to all, thanked Fr. Joe for a beautiful First Friday Service then headed for home. Since I had to get back to work, Tom said our evening Rosary for the end of abortion himself.

Last night, I heard happy honks of approval throughout the 6pm prayer vigil, don't remember any negatives, but folks were driving into the parking lot to slow down & read our pro-life signs & some looked toward WomanCare, so I'm sure they know where the evil is taking place & that we folks are just peaceful, prayer warriors for the precious little helpless ones in the womb. They have no voice in this world, so it is our honor to be their voice for them. (Jenny)

No comments:

Post a Comment