Tuesday, October 2, 2012

September 29, 2012 - Day 4

I was able to pray a little extra yesterday, got there at 5:15 p.m.  I blest myself with holy water & sprinkled a bit on the grass area where I held my Pray To End Abortion sign & offered up my prayer time there for all involved in abortion in any way.  I began with all the opening prayers then since I was still by myself I offered up various songs for the end of abortion ~ Have You Seen Jesus My Lord, Here I am Lord, How Great Thou Art,  You Are Mine. Then said some more pro-life prayers.      

Next was the Chaplet of Divine Mercy in song & a little bit into that Kathy & Mike L joined me...yeah!!! Mike finished leading the Chaplet & then read Day 4 Intention, Scripture, Reflection & Prayer from our 40 Days for Life booklet, then led the rosary saying a brief Luminous Mystery before each Hail Mary.  A lady drove by then parked & came over to us with a donation "for all we do."  She was from Iraq & asked us to pray for her family who are  here now but going through "some problems." I hugged her in thanks & gave her our 40 Days for Life brochure & she said her daughter would read it to her as her English was not too good, but I told her that her English was quiet excellent. 

After Mike finished leading us in the rosary we said an Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory be & Memore for that sweet lady & her family.  We also offered up more songs ~ Immaculate Mary & Be  Not Afraid.      Almost all positives yesterday, happy honks, waves, smiles, a darling little lady in the passenger's seat with both thumbs up to us & a big smile.  One negative - a young man in the passenger's seat gave us "the sign - that we were #1 in his book." I'm sure you all know what I mean.  We said the prayer for him that Aunt Stella gave me a long time ago to keep my "Detroit Jenny" temper in check when negatives happen & it totally works!!!  "Gracious God, loving our enemies seems like one of the most difficult things You could ask of us. Please remind us that this is how You love and if You ask it of us, You will give us the grace to do it. This we ask through Christ our Lord, to convert the hard heart of that young man. Amen."

To close our prayer vigil we said the Prayer for the Conversion of Abortionists and Their Staffs, faced the big, beautiful American flag, placed our right hands over our hearts & said the Pledge of Allegiance than sang America the Beautiful.  (Jenny)

No comments:

Post a Comment