Monday, November 5, 2012

October 29, 2012 - Day 34

Rich R was finishing his 5pm Prayer Vigil when I arrived.  We said our hello/good bye & he went to his car to warm up. His hands were like ice. He offers up the chill of his prayer hour for his special intentions.

I walked over to the grass prayer area blest myself with holy water & sprinkled a bit on the ground. The weather guy had said that we might have gusts of wind up to 60 mph & I thought no ha-way but yes-way!!! A few times the wind almost knocked me off my feet but the rest of the hour the wind was not as bad so I'm thankful for that & I had the string from my Pray To End Abortion sign wrapped around my hands & my gloves gave me a good hold on my pro-life sign.

With all the wind I didn't even try to read from my pro-life booklets, I just said the Prayer for the Helpless Unborn & for all prayer warriors, on-site & HPW's, I said the Prayer to St. Michael the Archangel.  Then I walked back & forth along the grass area at a pretty good pace to keep warm & sang the Holy Rosary meditating on the Joyful Mysteries. Then sang the Chaplet of Divine Mercy, offering my entire prayer vigil for all involved in abortion in any way.  I closed with the Pledge of Allegiance & sang America the Beautiful.

The traffic light was stopping lots of traffic & one car had the back window rolled down for their darling white scotty-looking dog who was just watching me so intently as I sang the Hail Mary a couple times as they were stopped for the light. I could not stop smiling & the "mom" waved from the front seat as they drove away.  Then when I was singing the Chaplet of Divine Mercy, a car was stopped by the light & a darling Downs syndrome boy was listening as I was signing & his dad said "thank you" to me & I held up my sign & said "thank you & God bless you."  No negatives this evening & those two positives were so special to me!!! :o)  (Jenny)

No comments:

Post a Comment