Friday, January 4, 2013

December 27, 2012 - Thursday Vigil

Maribeth & I blest ourselves with holy water & I sprinkled a bit on the ground then I held my Lady of Guadalupe candle , changing hands every now & then to warm them up. I had my Pray to End Abortion sign hanging from my arm & Maribeth held her pro-life sign as well. It was pretty cold (27) & huge mounds of snow covered part of the sidewalk so we had to keep on eye on the cars to make sure we got out of the way but it was not windy, so it was not a problem & folks are pretty nice to us when we are out there praying for the unborn.

We offered up our prayer hour for all involved with abortion in any way & each decade of the Rosary we offered for a specific pro-life intention ~ for the women who would be at WomanCare abortion mill on Friday morning planning on killing their little ones, that they would see the Prayer Warriors praying for them & give life to their babies ~ for healing of post-abortive women ~ for priests & pastors to speak up more & more for the unborn ~ for the conversion of the abortion doctors ~ for men to stand up for the child they helped create & "man up" to the situation & be there for the mom & the baby. We meditated on the Luminous Mysteries during the Rosary.

When we were standing down by the traffic light a car was turning & a guy yelled out "Amen" giving us the peace sign (I must say, it was a very!!! festive Amen!!! I think he had consumed some holiday cheer, but he definitely had the pro-life spirit.) Then after we had walked a bit more a guy stopped by & said "thank you! What you are doing is great! Thank you!" We said "God bless you for stopping by to talk to us."

We then sang the Chaplet of Divine Mercy specifically for all abortion doctors to end this evil. Our hour was up & we were both pretty cold but it was worth it to be able to bring light upon what is going on in that place every Friday morning. I picked up my carry out from the Chinese place & the darling lady who owns it said "that hat is not warm enough for this weather." (I wear my Detroit baseball cap.) So I showed her how I wrap my long scarf around my hat & she was happy about that. She is such a sweetie!!! (Jenny)

No comments:

Post a Comment