Thursday, January 17, 2013

January 10, 2013 - Thursday Vigil

After blessing myself with holy water & sprinkling a bit on the ground I placed my lit Lady of Guadalupe candle on the sidewalk, faced WomanCare abortion mill & began the opening prayers with my Pray To End Abortion sign hanging from my arm facing traffic.  Happy honks right away.  Folks know that we are praying for the end of this evil & let us know they are happy we are doing so.  Maribeth arrived, yeah!!! We continued the opening prayers as we stared walking to the traffic light to keep warm & Christine joined us, yeah!!! She took over leading all the opening prayers then the Rosary with a brief Glorious Mystery before each Hail Mary. A few more happy honks were heard & a negative. A young man yelled "abortion should be legal."  I shook my head & said "no, no, no" as the car drove away. The "drive-by yellers" don't give us much time to answer but I'm sure he got my message. We right away said a prayer for conversion of his hardened heart. We ended our prayer hour with Christine leading the Chaplet of Divine Mercy. All was offered up for those involved in abortion in any way.  It was a bit cold, but we all dress in layers, so we are ready for it. Just your fingers & toes get a bit cold after an hour but an hour is not long when you are walking & praying for the unborn who are in such danger nowadays.

I went to get my carry out from My Pizza Place & a man was sitting on the bench & asked for some $ for food. I said just a minute & went in to get my order & told the owner of the pizza place about the hungry man & he had him come in to warm up & gave him a piece of pizza & pop. I said good night & God bless you to both of them & they answered me back the same.  I don't give $ to strangers cuz if they are druggies I don't want to pay for their drugs but I have no problem asking for a bit of food for them & it worked out well Thursday night. The pizza place owner is a really nice man & the hungry stranger seemed very nice also & was really appreciative of the meal in a nice warm place, so thank you Lord for working that out so nicely.  (Jenny truly is the hands and feet of Jesus!!! ...and her presence there helped out another child of God.  Thank you Jenny for your example.)

     Our peaceful prayer vigils will continue at WomanCare abortion mill, 15 Mile & Dodge Park:
Wednesdays at 9am; Thursdays at 6pm and Fridays at 9am.  Please join us out there when you are able to do soOur continued thanks to HPW's who pray for us on-site PW's.   (Jenny)






No comments:

Post a Comment