Sunday, February 17, 2013

Day 1 - February 13, 2013

Opening 7:00 a.m. Prayer Vigil
Our opening Vigil had 12 prayer warriors: Jenny, Sue, Marsia, Richard, Matt, Maribeth, Regina, Cathy, Paul, Andrea, Glenn, and a KofC member from St. Malachy.  God graced us with a beautiful morning to gather for prayer.  We read and sang from our Family Prayer Booklet--catching the attention of many people passing by.  Many thumbs up were received!  We read the daily devotional from the 40 Days for Life National team.  We then listened to a reading called "Invisible Answers" from the new book: 40 Days for Life--Discover What God Has Done...Imagine What He Can Do.  The words were very inspirational and encouraging; giving us the hope we need when it doesn't seem like our presence is making a difference (oh, what wrong thinking that is!).  It was truly a blessing to begin the first day of our campaign with fellow prayer warriors and God's amazing grace!  (Maribeth)














Evening - 6:00 p.m. Prayer Vigil

I blest myself with holy water & sprinkled a little on the ground then said all the opening prayers in front of my Lary of Guadalupe candle which I had four balloons attached, "Life is Precious", "It's a Boy", "I'ts a Girl" & another pro-life one. As I was the lone prayer warrior I sang the Our Fathers & Hail Mary's during the Rosary & read a brief Glorious Mystery before each Hail Mary, also sang three different short prayers after each decade. I then sang the Chaplet of Divine Mercy as I walked back & forth on the grass in front of WomanCare. Very peaceful prayer hour with a few happy honks then as I was getting ready to go, an elderly gentleman stopped his car & said with a very heavy Italian accent "I pray with you. God bless you." What a nice blessing to end my prayer hour. (Jenny)



No comments:

Post a Comment