Thursday, February 28, 2013

Day 12 - February 24, 2013

3:00 p.m. Prayer Vigil

Glen was the first Prayer Warrior to arrive he was early so we prayed the rosary together.  Then at 3:00p we were joined by Regina and Jerry, Kathy, and Bill.  We prayed and sang from the Family Prayer Book.  A lady stopped and asked Where the Abortion Clinic was. She was in disbelief that Women Care was it.  Another lady stopped in tears, thanking us for praying for an end to abortion. She is beside herself that family members and so many in society think abortion is a right.  You cannot believe how we were encouraged by her appreciation and sensitivity.

I asked myself, where are your tears? Lord, soften my heart. Help me to fight the battle.  At the end of our vigil, up walks a little family from Hamtramak. We were so happy to see them. Their little girl is growing and a little shy and very beautiful. We gave them a Family Prayer Book.

The weather is cold but may our hearts remain warm and faithful.  In God we trust!  (Sue)




6:00 p.m. Prayer Vigil

Although I was the lone PW at Sunday's 6pm Prayer Vigil, it was so great to read about the 3pm Family Vigil below~Thank you Sue!!!  Also, I knew St. Thecla folks were planning on praying there all day Sunday. I had seen Kathy & Mike earlier at St. T's & they said they were going there after 10am Mass as well as attending the 3pm Vigil & that was so great!!! to hear.  There was an excellent whole page article regarding St. Thecla's Adopt a Day today...wow!!! You can view it on their website ~  www.stthecla.com

I know there are PW's all over this world praying around the clock, so even if we are out there alone, we should not ever feel discouraged because  we are joined "in spirit" with many, many other PW's.

I blest myself with holy water & sprinkled a bit on the ground & said the Prayer for the Helpless Unborn & the Prayer to St. Michael the Archangel for all PW's & HPW's.  The Baghdad Market man stopped his truck to read my sign, smiled, waved & nodded his head. What an excellent way to begin my prayer vigil. I placed my lit Our Lady of Guadalupe candle on the ground next to me. It was in the 30's with no wind so I faced the abortion mill most of the time & walked a little bit also. I prayed for all involved in abortion in any way while I said/sang the Rosary, reading a Sorrowful Mystery meditation before each Hail Mary. Then for all abortion doctors I sang the Chaplet of Divine Mercy from the booklet that my sister printed up for me (with St. Faustina's meditations on our Lord's Passion.) This always brings tears to my eyes as various parts. I closed my vigil looking at the flag singing America the Beautiful & said the pledge of allegiance.

I was able to talk to the lady from the carry out Chinese place which has been closed for a while now. I hugged her from all of us when she said her husband is going to have back surgery. She said us PW's are always so nice to them so I told her we would keep her~his caregiver & him in our prayers. I made her laugh when I told her to tell him when he comes back & has to train someone to help him with the cooking, does he want to train a French, Irish, Finish, Indian gal ~ me??? :o) She really laughed & said she would definitely tell him that & it would cheer him up.  We hugged good bye. She is such a darling woman who very much appreciates us being out there in prayer for the unborn.

No comments:

Post a Comment