Thursday, February 28, 2013

Day 15 - February 27, 2013

Morning Prayer Vigil

Very little cleared space on the sidewalk.  The cement -like snow makes quite a fortress.  St. Martin's adopted 10-noon today.

Prayed with Regina and Richard. Eleanor prayed in her car.   It is always a blessed time to pray with tireless warriors.  We hope that all Christians are praying at home for an end to the massacre of 3,000 innocents each day.

We always welcome prayer warriors on the front line-- the sidewalk.  In God we trust!  (Sue)




6:00 p.m. Prayer Vigil

Christine joined me last night. We blest ourselves with holy water, sprinkled a bit on the ground, & began with all the opening prayers facing Womancare abortion mill.  She offered up various pro-life intentions we would be praying for during our vigil.  High piles of snow were covering most of the sidewalk, so we huddled together at the end section. Right away a car waiting to make a left-hand turn caught my eye, the passenger, a young women, was smiling & waving like crazy. I waved back & held up my Pray to End Abortion sign & she gave a thumbs up.  Next was the Rosary & Christine read the brief Glorious  Mystery for us to think about before each Hail Mary. (Dear Aunt Stella, so many PW's are using your "Praying the Rosary without Distractions" booklet you gave me years ago. I know you are smiling down from Heaven just so happy about that... I love & miss you so very much!!!)  We receive one negative last night. The cars were stopped because of the traffic light & a window was rolled down & the young lady help up "the finger".  I said "Jesus loves you very much & He forgives you." She crouched down a bit & pulled in her arm. Then the driver leaned over & I saw "the finger".  I said "Jesus loves you also very much & He forgives you."  Traffic began to move & the window rolled up. Neither one of them looked at me but I know they heard me & that is all that matters.  Such disrespect from a few young ones is nothing!!! compared to all the positives we get & the negatives bring us PW's closer to Our Lord because we remember what He suffered for our sins & it makes us realize the tiny insults we bear out there praying for the end of the evil of abortion are nothing!!! compared to what He suffered for us. Christine & I said a quick prayer for those two sad, lost, misguided souls that Our Lord will wrap His loving arms around them & let His healing surge through their hearts & souls & bring them out of the culture of death & into His truth & light.  We continued with the Chaplet of Divine Mercy especially for the abortion doctors then read all the songs as prayers from my booklet ~ Closing Mass, National Prayer Vigil for Life, Jan 25, which I kept from when I was with a few friends...650,000!!! at the March for Life in Washington DC. You can go on a virtual tour via this website on the back of this booklet. www.nationalshrine.com. Remember, I was there!!! looking at all those beautiful things!!! I get tears in my eyes because it was just soooo beautiful being there in person after seeing that church all these years on EWTN!!!  (Jenny)

No comments:

Post a Comment