Thursday, February 28, 2013

Day 16 - February 28, 2013

When I arrived, Lisa & Benny were finishing their 5pm Prayer Vigil.  We talked for a bit about the plans being made for next year's March for Life bus trip from this area. I plan to go as well as other PW's so we should have a nice group speaking up for the end of abortion in Wash DC next year. (I wonder if the press will cover it next year???) I guess 650,000 folks peacefully praying, marching for the unborn wasn't newsworthy in the eyes of some of our "media" this year.  EWTN sure did do some excellent coverage & with email, twitter, facebook, etc,  I'm sure the truth got out that the majority of Americans are not!!! ok with killing babies in the womb. Lord, help our country!!!

I blest myself & sprinkled the ground a bit with holy water & began the opening prayers facing traffic holding my Pray to End Abortion sign. Maribeth joined me... yeah!!! & we finished the rest of the prayers as we walked along the sidewalk which is not!!! clear in some parts. Huge piles of snow are plowed but 3/4 of the sidewalk is covered with these piles so I sure do hope the kids & everyone who is walking here is looking out back & forth for cars driving to the various stores because some of them drive really!!! fast. Every time we got to a big puddle or huge pile of snow I would turn completely around to check out for cars driving up behind us.  We talked a little about the March for Life next year & really do think there will be a good group going from this area. We said the Rosary, with a brief Luminous Mystery before each Hail Mary & sang our three short prayers after each decade.  We prayed for all involved in abortion in any way this evening.  There were lots of happy honks & waves toward us. To close our vigil, we faced the beautiful American flag & said the Pledge of Allegiance.  My fingers were freezing so it was good to get warmed up in the car. I picked up my carry out from My Pizza Place (greek salad & cheese stick & dipping sauce... so excellent!!!) & warmed up totally on the way home.  (Jenny)


No comments:

Post a Comment