Sunday, February 10, 2013

February 7, 2013 - Thursday Vigil

It was 33 this evening but a bit windy so it felt a little colder than that. I was dressed in layers so the only thing I was worried about was that my fingers get cold so after blessing myself with holy water & sprinkling a bit on the ground & saying all the opening prayers, I put on a second pair of gloves which really worked well!!! However, I could not use my Rosary, so I just slipped it over my right wrist & read my "Saying the Rosary without Distration" booklet cuz there is a brief meditation before each Hail Mary so it works out really well when its cold out & you have gloves on & cannot hold your Rosary. It was just a little difficult to turn the page for each decade & clamp my little clamps on the top of each page with the big gloves on but I managed ok. Thank you Guardian Angel!!!

The meditations were from the Luminous Mysteries this evening. I walked slowly along the middle of the grass area underneath the light & it was just a very peaceful hour of prayer for me. As I was the lone prayer warrior, I sang everything pretty much, the Our Fathers, Hail Marys & 4 brief prayers after each decade. I heard a few happy honks & no negatives. Being dark the whole hour I could not really see into the cars that were stopped for the light every few minutes, but no "drive by screamers" were heard & I'm sure they could see my "Pray to End Abortion" sign so everyone was just peaceful this evening like I was I guess.


After I finished the Rosary I looked at the time & it was 6:59. Wow, that hour sure went by quickly but I must say I was starting to get a little chilled so I was definitely ready to go home. I picked up my .... ok... wait for it.... hold on... a small Chicago style pizza from My Pizza Place!!! I could not help myself!!!! I've been wanting to try one for a kabillion years & the diet side of my brain lost out to the "me want pizza" side of my brain & I must tell ya it was just yummy. Even the Polish Prince had a taste. The guy at the pizza place was shocked when I placed my order to pick up at 7pm cuz he knows always!!! have ordered a small greek salad but I told him I just did not have the will power this evening & he said that I deserved a nice warm pizza after being out there in prayer for that hour, so I guess I'll forgive myself for cheating on my "healthy" eating regimen. ha, ha, ha :o)   (Jenny)

No comments:

Post a Comment