Wednesday, February 6, 2013

January 31, 2013 - Thursday Vigil

After blessing myself with holy water & sprinkling a bit on the ground I began the opening prayers ~ Prayer for the Helpless Unborn, Prayer to St. Michael (I always say this for all on-site & HPW's). Maribeth arrived...yeah!!! Although it was a "warm" 23 out, with the wind it sure did seem a lot colder. We both were layered up real good & started walking to the traffic light & back to the abortion mill as we said the Holy Rosary for all the intentions Maribeth had mentioned for our hour of peaceful prayer. My Lady of Guadalupe candle kept going out (I had heard on the weather that wind gusts might go to 40mph, so I finally just gave up & put the candle in my "Jesus Love Me" bag.) Maribeth said a brief meditation before each Luminous Mystery. We then started the Chaplet of Divine Mercy in song, especially for all abortion doctors to be converted to God's truth & light. With about 20 minutes left in our prayer hour, we both had frozen fingers so we sat in Maribeth's car until 7pm & finished the Chaplet. I was still getting over a cold so that was perfectly ok with me. I could feel my throat burning a bit.

We are praying that lots of Prayer Warriors will sign up for peaceful prayer at WomanCare abortion mill, 15 Mile & Dodge Park, during 40 Days for Life, Ash Wed (Feb 13) through Palm Sun (Mar 24). Our schedule is as follows: Ash Wed at 7am is our Opening Prayer Vigil. Daily 7am to 7pm, we hope to have at least two prayer warriors there each hour. Palm Sun at 6pm is our Closing Prayer Vigil. Please call me (586) 295-5912 or email me if your schedule will allow you to offer up an hour of prayer for our little brothers & sisters in the womb.    (Jenny)

No comments:

Post a Comment