Sunday, March 3, 2013

Day 18 - March 2, 2013

Morning Prayer Vigil

Yes it was cold, but the faithful prayer warriors were not deterred.  Regina the heartiest of all was praying and witnessing all 3 hours.  There were never less than three prayer warriors, sometimes a whole string six of them!

We were grateful that Richard had cleaned the ice and snow, we had a safer place on the side walk, rather than the edge of the parking lot! 
Leaving at 2::00pm my feet warmed up at 5:00pm. I say this only because I was only there 2 hours
not three as was Regina.  Let us give thanks to God for our fearless, devoted prayer warriors.

This is the month of St. Joseph.  He was entrusted with the care and protection of Jesus and Mother Mary so how about we ask his intercession for the safety of babies around the world who are threatened by abortion.  May fathers of babies in the womb protect their children at all cost and sacrifice.  Let us remember that flight into EgypJoseph took to keep the HOLY FAMILY safe.

Not a word from Joseph in the Gospels. His actions spoke louder than words.  In God we trust.  (Sue)




6:00 p.m. Prayer Vigil

Another cold night tonight!!! After I blest myself with holy water & sprinkled a bit on the ground around me & said the opening prayers facing WomanCare abortion mill,I had to put on Mike's gloves over mine as my fingers were already starting to burn. I then faced traffic with my Pray to End Abortion sign hanging from my arm & started the Holy Rosary meditating on the Joyful Mysteries before each Hail Mary. To keep warm, I walked to the traffic light. I stood there a bit & the young lady in the car stopped for the light looked over, read my sign & waved with a smile. That was nice. I walked some more & as it was dark, stayed under the street light so I could read my Rosary booklet. I had my Rosary hanging from my wrist with my flashlight shining down on it & I heard happy honks now & then. My fingers were really burning as I began the Chaplet of Divine Mercy for especially abortion doctors. I closed with America the Beautiful & said the Pledge of Allegiance. I kept thinking about that young priest yesterday afternoon wasn't wearing gloves & was offering it up so I did the same thing again tonight. I prayed again for Pope BXVI as well as those who will elect our new pope. (Jenny) 

No comments:

Post a Comment