Sunday, March 3, 2013

Day 17 - March 1, 2013

So glad I was bundled up -- it was 27 & really windy!!! I faced WomanCare abortion mill, blest myself with holy water & sprinkled a bit on the ground around me. For all involved in abortion in any way, I opened with The Prayer for the Helpless Unborn & for all on-site PW's & HPW's I said the Prayer to St. Michael the Archangel. Christine arrived...yeah!!! She took over reading the rest of the opening prayers & I held my Pray to End Abortion sign as we faced traffic huddled together on the grass/snow in front of a huge pile of plowed snow which kept the wind off of us a bit, but it was really!!! cold.. Yes Grams, we offered it up for the end of abortion... :o)

Christine then led us in the Holy Rosary reading a brief Sorrow Mystery meditation before each Hail Mary & after each decade we sang: Jesus, protect & save the helpless unborn & heal our sinful world. Jesus, remember me when You come into Your Kingdom, O Jesus remember me when You come into Your Kingdom. Ave, Ave, Ave Maria. Ave, Ave, Ave Maria. Anybody who prays with me knows we sing as many prayers as possible. Someone said when you sing prayers you are blest twice & we need all God's blessings we can get to help us stay strong on the front lines of this battle with the evil one to save the precious little ones in the womb. Next, the Chaplet of Divine Mercy was offered up for especially the abortion doctors & if that man who left the abortion mill was the doctor, most especially for him ~ not sure who he was but just wanted to make sure our Chaplet was said especially for the doctor who will be taking over the evil procedure done in that office.

We then faced our beautiful American flag & said the Pledge of Allegiance. Three blessings were sent my way today. 1) While driving around doing errands, I stopped by to the abortion mill to say The Prayer for the Helpless Unborn in my car & saw there was a group of PW's with young Father Phil leading them in prayer, Jill, Richard, Donna a few other adults & some children, soooo I had to stop to join them & Father was just starting the Holy Rosary, how about that!!! As I was not dressed for the cold weather, it was a real blessing to offer up the chill I was feeling for the unborn babies, their moms & dads, & it was soooo worth it. I said my goodbyes to all & thanked that darling, young priest for his pro-life example to us all & continued on with my errands. 2) Christine joined me at the 6pm Prayer Vigil, so I did not have to be the lone PW out there. 3) I was able to attend the First Friday Service at St. Malachy with the Stations of the Cross at 7pm followed by the Holy Rosary, Chaplet & other prayers, especially for our Holy Father Benedict XVI as he now lives the rest of his life in prayer for all of us in this world. Thank you, Fr. Joe, for the beautiful First Friday Devotions you offer at St. Malachy each month & thank you Rosemarie, Karen, Eva & all who lead us in prayer. You truly help to make that time there in front of the Blessed Sacrament such a special, peaceful, blest time in adoration of Our Lord.

Thank you, Shawn, for the info about the pro-choice folks who sometimes stand with us pro-life folks. You are so right when you say that being there with the pro-abortion folks will most definitely prove to them that we are there in peaceful prayer for the unborn, not terrorists as some of the media want the world to think. I look on the negatives that happen when I'm out there each night as a good way to show those going by that sincere, loving, peaceful, prayerful vigils that are going on for the unborn.  (Jenny)

No comments:

Post a Comment