Saturday, March 9, 2013

Day 25 - March 9, 2013

After blessing myself with holy water & sprinkling a bit on the ground I started the opening prayers & saw two PW's walking toward me ~ Kathy & Mike from St. Thecla's...yeah!!! Mike was kind enough to take over reading the opening prayers & leading us in the Holy Rosary with a brief meditation before each Hail Mary. Another PW then was walking toward us ~ Christine from St. Renee's...yeah!!! We continued walking along the grass area holding our pro-life signs.

We received blessings of thumbs up & waves & a man stopped his van next to us & said "God bless you for praying here. I hate that a place like that is over there, pointing to the abortion mill. It's 2013 & people don't believe in God anymore." I said, "I know it seems that way but at the March for Life 650,000 people were there & so many young men & women." He was very happy to hear that & happy also to receive our info packette to check out our website. I asked him to stop back & lead us in prayer when he gets a chance & he shook his head yes. Kathy mentioned all the postive things people are saying to her & Mike as they pray for the unborn there. Then a little later I heard a drive by screamer but I have absolutely no idea what he said. I said a prayer for his conversion to God's light if he had screamed a negative & if he screamed a positive I prayed for his heart to continue to grow in the culture of life. Then a man walked over to our group & said "Good what you are doing out here." We thanked him for taking the time to stop by to give us his support.

Christine then led us in the Chaplet of Divine Mercy. Kathy & Mike had to leave & Christine & I finished the last ten minues standing under the street light & reading pro-life prayers & intercessions from our beautiful 40 Days for Life Family Prayers, Reflections & Songs booklet that Maribeth & Sue printed for us PW's a while back. I'll tell ya, soooo many folks really are inspired from praying at the abortion mill using this booklet. Our deepest thanks go out to Maribeth & Sue. The biggest fan of this booklet is Fr. Joe :o) I gave him 10 booklets to pass out to folks who had asked him for a copy... yeah!

I must tell you all about that precious Baby Jesus prayer card we PW's pass out. I was picking up my spinach salad at Subway a little earlier & after I paid I said to the young women, "here is a tip & a Baby Jesus prayer card for you." Her eyes filled with tears & she said, "This is beautiful. Grandma used to be the one who gave out prayer cards & this is perfect!!! I just got a new car & I will keep this in it for a blessing." I said, "here is a little holy water also" & put a little on her hand. I always ask Baby Jesus to bless the folks I give His prayer card to & many times I have had experiences like this one. I'm getting Holy Ghost goose bumps telling you all about this. It is just so excellent how our great God is working through us humble servants down here!!! Thank you, Baby Jesus for touching sooo many hearts with Your little prayer card & also, thank you!!! for the media coverage Shawn tells us about. We can do nothing on our own, but You, dearest Baby Jesus, can do everything!!! Amen! (Jenny)

No comments:

Post a Comment