Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Day 37 - March 21, 2013

I blest myself with holy water & sprinkled a bit on the ground then faced WomanCare abortion mill holding my Pray to end Abortion sign facing traffic & started the opening prayers offering them up for all involved in abortion in any way. Feeling the cold wind right away I started to walk to the traffic light & back.  Glen joined me shortly as did Maribeth.

We prayed the Holy Rosary with a brief Luminous Mystery meditation before each Hail Mary.  A van stopped by & the woman driving thanked us & we talked a bit & gave her an info pack.  Her eyes were filled with tears. Lord, help whatever is hurting her. She & the man riding with her were very thankful that we are all praying there for the end of abortion. We then sang the Chaplet of Divine Mercy, Immaculate Mary & closed with the Pledge of Allegiance. Happy honks, waves, smiles & a negatifve this evening. Two young men yelled while they were stopped for the light, not so nice things with gestures as well.  I held up my pro-life sign toward them & my rosary & my praying hands. They just laughed at us. We three said a prayer for their misguided souls that hopefully one day they will see the evil of abortion. What a pathetic excuse for men! Nothing like the protecting, loving, self-giving, holy men we women want in our lives but prayers to God can change any hardened heart so that's exactly what we did for those two.

The next meditation was "Blessed are they who suffer persecution for justice's sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." This is why the negatives are a great blessing for us on-site PW's.  We know we are doing the right thing for the babies, their moms & dads & that we will receive Our Lord's embrace when we get to heaven. What a great thought!!! :o) I'm looking forward to that!!! :o) As Shawn's update says, we are near the finish line for this Prayer Campaign. These 40 days sure did go by quickly but I must admit, my old body is dragging these days ~ not 20 anymore, ha, ha, ha. Good night all, God bless you!  (Jenny)


No comments:

Post a Comment