Thursday, July 18, 2013

July 11, 2013 - Thursday Vigil


 I faced WomanCare abortion mill, blest myself with holy water & sprinkled a bit on the ground around me then began all the opening prayers offering this prayer vigil for all involved in abortion in any way.  Maribeth arrived  ~ yeah!!! We walked along the grass area as she continued the opening prayers then led the Holy Rosary reading a brief Glorious  Mystery before each Hail Mary.

Traffic was heavy & we got lots of happy honks, smiles & waves & a negative ~ a man with his thumb down. He rolled his window down & said "that's just not right."  I said, "praying that moms & dads won't have their babies killed is just not right???"  He said "yes & gave the thumbs down gesture again."  I motioned that I would pray for him as he drove away.  Maribeth & I said a prayer for his hardened heart.

When Maribeth left for her Right to Life meeting I sang the Chaplet of Divine Mercy especially for abortion doctors to see the evil they are doing. Doctors are supposed to save!!! life not take!!! it.  A young couple stopped by & talked to me for a bit.  They said "what you're doing is wrong."  I said "praying for the unborn is wrong?"  They said "yes, you're wrong."  Then as they drove away the girl held up her finger. I said a prayer for that terribly misguided young couple as they turned down the street one block over. So they must live in this area... good!!! They will see that we PW's are NOT going away. We MUST be the voice for the precious, little, helpless unborn boys & girls who have no rights in America or our world right now... this must!!! change!!! one person at a time.   Lots more happy honks & waves from folks driving by as I closed out the prayer vigil with the Pledge of Allegiance looking at our beautiful flag. I am so thankful I'm an American & have the freedom to be out here in peaceful prayer for the unborn. Folks are being killed for their faith in lots of places in our world. Lord, help us stand strong for You!!! in this culture of death.  Help us be a light for the world to see. Amen!!!  (Jenny)

No comments:

Post a Comment