Thursday, July 18, 2013

July 18, 2013 - Thursday Vigil





I was the sole prayer warrior tonight (missed you Jenny and Christina!).  The rain was coming down pretty hard so I arrived a wee bit late to the clinic--and as I pulled in, the sky became a beautiful blue with peek-a-boo clouds and sun.  The rain did cool it off for a little while.  As I walked up and down the sidewalk, it was a very calm and quiet night. A few people passed by on the sidewalk and smiled...one biker waved.  Praying on my own makes me dwell more intensely on what will be happening at that clinic on Friday morning.  I asked God for His grace on all those who enter the doorway and that the Holy Spirit keeps all the prayer warriors safe and strengthened.  There are moments that I just cannot believe we allow this evil of killing human life...what the heck is wrong with us in telling vulnerable women a lie!

As my time came to a close at the clinic, a group of young middle eastern boys (in a car) were pulling out of the clinic driveway...several of them leaned out the window, said something (I was too far away to hear) and then spit on the ground.  I'm guessing it wasn't a nice gesture!  Then, two ladies in a car drove past me in the parking lot...looked at my sign "The Cost of Abortion...with the three smiling babies" and didn't even flinch...their mouths were so down-turned in unhappiness.  I feel so bad for them -- they seemed like all their joy was gone.  So sad.

It was a peaceful night of prayer -- and I am ever-thankful for the opportunity of having had the chance to cover that little piece of ground in holy prayers!  (Maribeth)

No comments:

Post a Comment