Thursday, July 4, 2013

July 4, 2013 - Thursday Vigil

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA - 237 YEARS OLD!
 (a prayer from Christianity.About.Com)
On this Independence Day I am reminded of all those who have sacrificed for my freedom, following the example of your Son, Jesus Christ. Let me not take my freedom, both physical and spiritual, for granted. May I always remember that my freedom was purchases with a very high price. My freedom cost others their very lives. 

Lord, today, bless those who have served and continue to give their lives for my freedom. With favor and bounty meet their needs and watch over their families.
Help me to live my life in a way that glorifies you, Lord. Give me the strength to be a blessing in someone else's life today, and grant me the opportunity to lead others into the freedom that can be found in knowing Christ. Amen.
==================================================================

So many positives during our prayer vigil on the 4th. Really makes us on-site PW's realize that our being out there is an important part to end the evil of abortion.  When I first arrived, a young mom & her two preteens walked by with smiles & I gave them each a little flag & Baby Jesus Prayer card.

For all our pro-life intentions that Christine had mentioned, she led Maribeth & I in the opening prayers, then the Holy Rosary, reading a Sorrowful Mystery before each Hail Mary. Then for all abortion doctors & their staffs, she led the Chaplet of Divine Mercy with Saint Faustina's meditations on the Passion before each decade.  A young man stopped his car & gave us the thumbs up & said "abortion is going to end." We said "yes, because of all you young pro-lifers." As Maribeth said, "it is so good to see young men & women who really get it - really get what abortion is all about. Then Christine read a few pages from our Family Prayers, Reflections & Songs booklet.

For our one negative drive-by screamer "get a life" I held up my rosary toward his car until he was out of sight as Maribeth was saying what better way to spend a little part of your life each week then to pray in front of an abortion mill.  We said a little prayer that the Holy Spirit would enlighten that man's soul with God's truth & light. We ended our vigil with the Pledge of Allegiance looking at the big, beautiful flat on the other side of the street then sang two America songs. (Jenny)



No comments:

Post a Comment