Monday, September 30, 2013

September 27, 2013 -- DAY THREE - FALL 2013 40 DAYS FOR LIFE


6:00 p.m. Prayer Vigil
 
Paul was praying when I arrived then Corinn (here from MA for her Godmother's funeral) joined us. She knew there must be a 40 Days for Life going on so checked the internet & found us~excellent!!! Norma joined us also so she led the Holy Rosary as Corinn read a brief Joyful Mystery meditation before each Hail Mary.  Paul left when his vigil was over at 6pm & Norma had to leave about 15 min later.  It is so good when you stop by to pray with other PW's, even if it is for a short time.  It's a blessing to everyone.  We heard a couple negative drive-by screamers but right after that 2 other PW's stopped by to say they could pray for a short time & they went into their own little group down a bit from our group. We heard happy honks & also we heard through a loud speaker a man saying "don't stop doing what you're doing"  ~ that's the first time I've heard thanks to us PW's over a loud speaker.  He was stopped in traffic because of the light.  We smiled & waved & said "don't worry; we will never stop praying for the unborn". He gave us the thumbs us as he drove away.

After Paul, Norma & the other group of PW's left, Corinn read all the opening prayers and then led the Chaplet of Divine Mercy reading Saint Faustina's meditations of The Passion. This is such a beautiful way to pray for the unborn. Then from the 40 Days for Life booklet, she led the Litany for Life & the Litany for Peace & for the close of our prayer vigil we sang a few songs then said the Pledge of Allegiance as we faced our flag. We then hugged good-bye & both promised to be praying for each other & all PW's during these 40 Days for Life. It was such a beautiful, warm evening to pray & so nice to meet a PW from another state! Just great that she found our group to pray with!   (Jenny)

1 comment:

  1. I was there from about 4:10 PM to about 4:50 PM. I said a Chaplet and a Rosary. Unfortunately before I left I saw two women leaving the clinic. One was older and one was younger. The older one looked like she may have been the mother. The younger one was carrying a small box of kleenex and was crying. They both looked at me standing there with my bicycle and then the Mom turned away but the younger girl kept staring at me. They sat in their car for a long time and then quietly drove off. I felt so bad for the younger girl. It didn't take much to figure out what happened there. So I kept my eyes on the car while I prayed until I couldn't see it anymore. It was very sad. I've never seen any women coming or going from the clinic in all the times I've been there, probably because I show up on days when the clinic is closed. I don't know what prompted me to go there at that specific time but I'm sure it was the Holy Spirit. Please pray for that younger girl. She was crying awfully hard. - Joe

    ReplyDelete