Friday, October 18, 2013

October 18, 2013 -- DAY TWENTY-FOUR - FALL 2013 40 DAYS FOR LIFE



Morning Vigil


I arrived to pray at the clinic just after the noon hour.  There were several cars in the lot this morning, with many clients walking in and out of the building.  I held my “I Regret My Abortion” sign toward the windows of the clinic, hoping to change someone’s heart.

Shortly after my arrival, an expensive car pulled into the front parking space. He was an older man with shoulder length gray hair, and glasses….I assumed he was the abortionist.

I prayed the sorrowful mysteries of the Rosary and the Divine Mercy Chaplet.  The abortions were starting…

As I was praying, a car pulled up next to me.  A man rolled down his window and asked if there was anything he could do for me. I told him that I was peacefully praying because of the abortions that were happening in the building.  The man seemed shocked, saying that he was a Chaldean Catholic, and he did not know that abortions were happening at this location.  He then commented on the “Woman Care” sign - pointing out there is a “cross” on it.  He said he was totally against abortion. He shook my hand in support for praying.

At around 2:00 p.m., the abortionist left the building. He got into his fancy car, making eye contact with my sign and me.  As he was getting ready to pull out onto 15 Mile Road, he rolled down his window to talk with me. Below is my account of the conversation that took place.  I was by myself, with the Angels and Saints as my witnesses.  I pray that this is an honest account of the conversation we had, as I am depending on my own memory to document it. 

The abortionist spoke in a calm tone and said he did not care that I was there, but that I was wasting my time and intimidating people.  I told him I was peacefully praying.


He told me that Jesus said, “Do not intimidate.”


I told him that when there was an injustice being done, Jesus went into the Temple and flipped over the moneychangers’ tables.  

He introduced himself to me as a Jewish man that delivers babies. He believes that abstinence should be promoted to the youth, but women will kill themselves if they cannot get abortions.  He also stated that most women do not feel bad about having abortions. 

Really?  I told him that both of us know the truth in our hearts.  Most abortions are not happening because a mother is going to kill herself.  Most abortions are done for selfish reasons.  I told him I had my abortion to hide my sexual sin from my parents. I told him that I did feel relief after my abortion, but as time went on and I realized what I had done, it was too late.  I will never be able to get my baby back.  The choice is permanent.  This is not like choosing a hamburger or fries …the choice is death. 

I also told him that my mother was pregnant with me when she was very young, and if abortion would have been legal, I probably would have been aborted.

He continued to repeat that I was intimidating.  He said my time would be better spent if I talked with the youth.  I told him he was assuming that I wasn’t already doing that.  I lifted up my “I Regret My Abortion” sign and showed him the website for silentnomoreawareness.org .  I explained that I, as well as many others, do speak with groups to educate them about the harms of abortion.  I then showed him the back of my sign. In large letters it is written, “There is hope for your future!”  I told him there was hope for his future too….

He tried to justify his moral position by telling me he has talked with several priests and rabbis, and that they agree with him about the necessity of abortion. 

I then told him what respect I have for the Jewish faith- God’s chosen people. Mary and Jesus are Jewish. I asked him why he is not honoring the commandment of his faith “Thou shall not kill”—Thou shall not murder innocent blood.   “As a Jewish man, you know it’s a life…you are taking a life. You’ve delivered babies and you know it’s a life.”

There was an awkward pause.  I kept thinking LOVE THE SINNER! HATE THE SIN!  I wanted him to know that I honestly cared for his soul. I felt compelled to tell him that I loved him before the conversation ended. So I did.  I looked him square in the eyes and told him, “I Love You.”  He replied, “No you don’t!”  I said, “Yes I do! Love is patient…love is kind…”

(At this point, there were cars lined up behind him, honking their horns because he was blocking traffic)

As our conversation ended –he was excited to have the last words—He told me how the church WILL change because of the new Pope.  His eyes lit up as he said, “Wait and see what this Pope has to say about abortion!  It will all come out soon!”  Then he pulled out onto 15 Mile Road.  

Pray for this abortionist. (A Morning Prayer Warrior)



6:00 p.m. Vigil

I arrived at WomanCare abortion mill & blest myself with holy water & sprinkled a bit on the ground with pro-life signs toward traffic & offered up this prayer hour for all involved in abortion in any way. As I started the opening prayers, Joe stopped by to say "God bless you" So nice  when folks take a moment on their way home to give us encouragement to be out there.  A young mom & her daughter slowed down to make their turn & gave me a big smile. Then "go home" from a drive by screamer.  I just held up my Rosary toward him & said a little prayer for the conversion of his hardened heart. Then a young boy riding his bike past me said "God bless you" with a big smile & the rest of the night was happy honks, waves, smiles & thumbs up.

I said/sang the Holy Rosary reading a brief Sorrowful Mystery medication before each Hail Mary. Then for the conversion of abortion doctors, I sang the Chaplet of Divine Mercy. The killing mill was closed tonight. Thank you, Jesus!!! No tiny ones being tossed away tonight. I faced the beautiful American flag & said the Pledge of Allegiance to close out my prayer hour. What a difference with the sun out but still had layers on & gloves but the wind was not as strong as last night so it was a really pleasant prayer hour for me. (Jenny)

No comments:

Post a Comment