Monday, December 16, 2013

December 12, 2013 - Thursday Vigil

Dressed in many layers (19 degrees tonight & a bit windy), I faced WomanCare abortion mill, blest myself with holy water, sprinkled a bit on the ground & opened up with The Prayer for the Helpless Unborn for those babies scheduled to be killed in the morning ~ that there mom's would realize that they just cannot do this to their little ones. Lord, help them do what is right for their babies!!! For all PW's in our world who are praying on site in the cold like myself, I offered up the Prayer to St. Michael the Archangel.  I held my pro-life sign & my Rosary & walked back & forth under the three trees starting the Holy Rosary for all involved in abortion in any way meditating on the Luminous Mysteries. 

Maribeth arrived ~ yeah!!! She took over leading the Rosary giving a brief meditation before each decade.  For the conversion of abortion doctors, we then sang the Chaplet of Divine Mercy.  We had a little time left so we sang Christmas songs then ended the hour looking at our beautiful flag on the other side of the street & said the Pledge of Allegiance.  We heard happy honks through the prayer hour & a drive by screamer at the very start, but all I heard was the word "abortion" yelled, so I'm not sure exactly what that young woman had yelled but I asked our Blessed Mother to give her a hug & pray with me for the healing of the hurt that would cause her to yell out like that. Maribeth & I were really!!! cold ~ but happy to offer up that hour of a little discomfort for the end of abortion. We must!!! be out there to remind folks to continue to pray for the end of this evil in our neighborhoods & hearing the happy honks lets us know that there are lots of pro-life folks driving by & seeing us two Prayer Warriors praying to save babies ~ to be the voice for the voiceless.  (Jenny)

No comments:

Post a Comment