Wednesday, March 19, 2014

SPRING 2014 40 DAYS FOR LIFE: Day 15 - March 19

6:00 p.m. Prayer Vigil

I must confess, while taking a break from 5-5:30, resting on the sofa with hubby Tom & darling mini-pin Tasha, I DID NOT at all feel like going to the abortion mill to pray, but my promise to Our Lord got me moving & out the door. It was rainy, damp & windy but in the high 40's~still good to be dressed in layers!!! I faced WomanCare abortion mill, blest myself with holy water & sprinkled a bit on the ground around me & began my opening prayers. Maribeth arrived...yeah!!! & I looked to my left & there was George with his darling son Daniel...yeah!!! Then John joined us...yeah!!! Then to my right I saw that Ray had joined us...yeah!!! Wow!!! We prayed under umbrellas & warm hooded jackets.
I finished reading the rest of the opening prayers & Maribeth raised up our intentions for the Holy Rosary. We took turns leading, giving a brief Glorious Mystery meditation before the decade we would be leading. Then for the conversion of abortionists & the closing of WomanCare abortion mill, we sang the Chaplet of Divine Mercy.
We gathered in a circle & Maribeth said our closing prayer. Then we faced our beautiful American flag & said the Pledge of Allegiance. We heard happy honks, folks waved & gave thumbs up of approval. For the one young man who flipped us off as he drove by, I right away said a prayer for his misguided heart.
I'm so glad Our Lord gave me that little "push" out the door to join this wonderful group of my brother & sister PW's. Jesus is so good to us~when we are feeling a little tired, He sends such joy!!!  We all said our good byes & left for home knowing that we had definitely touched many, many hearts of those who passed by our little prayer group this evening. (Jenny)

 ===================================================

It was soooo windy!  ...and the rain wasn't so much fun either!  However, six of us gathered at the 6:00 p.m. prayer hour to pray for the unborn and all those involved in abortion in any way.  We also lifted up the moms and dads who are grieving the loss of their child through this option called "choice."  Our hope is that they receive the guidance and direction through professionals and family as they go through this valley of tears.  We are so sorry that the lies are told in these clinics and among friends and family -- our prayer is that all will come to see the TRUTH -- this is a child-not a choice!  We received so many happy honks and smiles and that warmed our hearts.   

Today I had the amazing privilege to talk to the Students for Life Club at Oakland University (Mirna is their President and she ROCKS!).  Wow!  This group is so on fire for LIFE and the Lord.  We are truly blessed to have our next generation so passionate for spreading the truth.  Thank you Mirna for the awesome opportunity to spend the afternoon with your beautiful group.  Keep blowing your trumpets of truth and knock down those walls of lies and hurt!  (Maribeth)






No comments:

Post a Comment