Sunday, March 9, 2014

SPRING 2014 40 DAYS FOR LIFE: Day 3 - March 7

7:00 am - the radiant heat from the sun melted much snow and many hearts;  12:00 noon - thank you Lord, for the many prayer warriors who took the time today to plead for mercy on the unborn and forgiveness and healing for those who do not choose life.  One man passed by slowly and raised up the cross of Jesus Christ wanting us to be certain to know  that he was with us!  Lord, give us the fortitude to witness in the sunshine, rain, snow, whatever you send. We don't want to be fair weather friends.  (Sue K)


**********

Well, after mass this morning, my wife Kathy and I came home and started to eat breakfast, We started to think and decided that maybe we should fast before we went to the abortion clinic so we put our breakfast in the frig and left. No sooner than we arrived, an elderly woman joined us and was praying with us. She left after she prayed because she volunteers to feed the mentally/physically handicapped at a school. It was her 74th birthday. She left, and a young woman showed up. She had a sign on her that said,"SILENT NO MORE." She had had an abortion. She said she is so grateful for God's forgiveness and that she wanted to stop others from the pain she went through. What a witness!!!! Soon after, 4 more people came and there were 7 of us. One lady came all the way from Richmond. What a consolation this was to me because this doesn't always happen. Sometimes, I'm alone as are many others. It used to bother me, but not anymore. I feel the presence of Jesus and the angels around. I know this is hard to understand for some. We all felt such a sense of hope and peace and felt so many positive responses from others. Again, this doesn't always happen either. There was a jeer from a young person who screamed from her car. We just calmly prayed for her and listened (probably some great pain in her life or someone she knows).  The downside to this is that a minimum of 10 women went into the mill. They were from the ages of approximately 18 to about the late 30's. Some went in alone, some accompanied by a man and others by an older woman (???? their mothers.) They seemed to have come from all economic backgrounds judging by their cars (from a hummer down to the bare wheels). I want to thank all of you who have been praying and giving of your time. Our short term goal is to close this clinic; long term goal is to put an end to abortion. God would not use an evil means to solve anyone's dilemma and yet, for those who have suffered through this, His mercy and forgiveness is there. (Mike)

***********
6:00 p.m. Vigil

I faced WomanCare abortion mill, blest myself with holy water & sprinkled a bit on the ground around me & began my opening prayers.  My Pray To End Abortion sign was hanging from my right arm with 3 balloons tied to it, a big yellow LIFE balloon, a pink one that says "It's a Girl" & a blue one that says "It's a Boy."  Folks waved & smiled as they drove by/walked by/jogged by.  I read a brief Sorrow Mystery before singing each Hail Mary of the Holy Rosary. Then for the abortionists I sang The Chaplet of Divine Mercy reading Saint Faustina's meditations on The Passion. My heart hurt as I thought about what was in the "red medical waste" bucket up there & I prayed for healing of any women who had their babies killed this morning as well as the fathers, if they encouraged this to be done to their child. Fridays are always sad for me because I know that unborn babies get slaughtered that day ~ the day our Lord was slaughtered. We PW's MUST never stop being out there as long as precious, helpless little ones in the womb are in danger of being killed.   It was good to be able to stand outside the entire prayer hour. Is it possible that winter is over... dare I say it? Well good night, God bless you all.  Remember, we are asking that everyone we know, who is able to do so, offer up ONE HOUR in peaceful prayer this Lent at WomanCare abortion mill. As Christ asks us, "could you not watch with Me one hour?  (Jenny)


No comments:

Post a Comment