Thursday, September 19, 2013

September 12, 2013 - Thursday Vigil

Last night I blest myself with holy water & sprinkled a bit on the ground around me then faced WomanCare abortion mill holding my sign toward traffic, switching from side to side. One side says Pray To End Abortion, the other side says The Cost Of Abortion with those three darling baby faces smiling at all who pass by. 
 
As I was praying the opening prayers, I heard a bunch of happy honks, turned around & a middle-aged man was stopped in traffic & rolled his window down & was waving & smiling & thanking me for being out there. I returned his "God bless you."  Thank you, Jesus for starting out my prayer vigil that way!!! Awesome!!!  As I was saying/singing the Holy Rosary reading a brief Joyful Mystery before each Hail Mary, another man stopped by & said from his truck in broken English, "abortion no more, abortion no more."  I said, Yes, that is what I am here praying for & pointed to the abortion mill.  He said,"Yes, I know, abortion no more. God bless you for praying out here." I thanked him & thought wow, God does bless us with folks stopping by to support our peaceful prayers for the unborn, their moms & dads.  What started out as a warm evening with a gentle breeze was starting to look bad.  The clouds were really dark now & the wind was picking up a bit but not too bad yet.  More happy honks as I continued my prayers then another blessing.  A young woman with her little boy in the back seat slowed down to read my sign & her son was smiling back at the three little ones on my sign. Just tooooooo cute!!!
 
A few minutes later it happened it started to rain really hard, a gust of wind caught my sign & bent it in two.  I ran over to my car & jumped in the front seat & put the 3 little ones faces looking out my front window & finished the Holy Rosary as well as singing the Chaplet of Divine Mercy especially for all abortion doctors as I always do. Man, the wind was trying to move my car... No way could I have stood out there with an umbrella (which was what I sorta was thinking about before I first got into the car cuz I like being outside to pray so folks can see that the abortion mill is not closed yet) Even though the negatives are a special blessing to us cuz we can then pray for their hardened hearts, it is really nice to hear positives all night like I did this evening. Again, I thank you Jesus for that. Always great to take a break from work to be out there doing what Our Lord is asking of us.

To all who will be at the Right to Life Dinner next Thursday night, please know that you will be with me "in spirit" during my prayer vigil at the abortion mill but I will cannot attend the dinner & will miss you all. A while back, I said some daily prayers for a little extra work & He most certainly has blest me with it & since it won't last forever I am extremely thankful, especially with so many folks out of work.  (Jenny)

No comments:

Post a Comment