Friday, January 4, 2013

December 13, 2012 - Thursday Vigil

Christine, Maribeth & I blest ourselves with holy water & I sprinkled a bit on the ground. We faced the abortion mill with our pro-life signs facing traffic & said all our opening prayers. Then Christine & Maribeth took turns leading the Holy Rosary reading a brief Glorious Mystery before each Hail Mary. A woman drove up to us & asked "is it closed yet?" meaning WomanCare abortion mill (there is a "for lease" sign in the window). Maribeth told her no, the dentist office is closed & for lease. I told her that one Thursday night a while back the girls who work in the dentist office told me how happy they all were because they got out of their lease & moved to another building a mile or so away. Their patient's were starting to say that they did not want to be in the office below where the abortions were going on because they just had a very bad, creepy feeling while they were there getting their dental work done. All we can do now is to keep fasting & praying that little-by-little, one abortion mill & then another will close because more & more men & women will be keeping their babies & more & more will keep themselves out of that situation.

We continued walking along the grass area to & from the traffic light. It was cold, in the upper 30's but we were all dressed in layers so it was not that bad. We heard happy honks every now & then & no negatives. It was 7pm as we closed the prayer hour looking at the big American flag, putting our right hands on our hearts & saying the Pledge of Allegiance.

My Lady of Guadalupe candle will be lit each time we pray now because I watched an EWTN program "Lady of Guadalupe: Mother of Hope & what an excellent story I heard. A young woman was sitting in an abortion mill & "something" made her look out the window, so she turned around, opened the blinds & saw people praying out there. She also saw a big picture of Our Lady of Guadalupe. She started thinking "what am I doing? I know this is wrong! I was brought up better than this! Then she said, "Oh my gosh, there is Father Pavone" & that did it... she walked out of the abortion mill right then, sobbing, & the first thing that happened was a woman praying there saw her & walked up to her & gave her a big hug. Then this young woman walked over to Father Pavone & said "Father, I feel so ashamed about what I was about to do to my baby. I don't want my baby killed. I want to keep my baby. I know I have hurt our Lord so much by just being in that place. Please hear my confession." She said Father Pavone heard her confession right there & they had a beautiful, long talk about how God forgives her & He will bless her for giving life to her baby. This young women asked all the folks praying for her to attend the baptism of her little baby girl. She named her baby Guadalupe. I was crying as I watched this young women tell her story with tears in her eyes & I just knew that I must!!! have Our Lady of Guadalupe's candle lit now every time I pray for the little unborn ones who are in danger of being killed at WomanCare abortion mill. Tonight & every time we pray out there, we will read the prayer on the back of my candle.

Being out there on Thursday nights, we pray especially for the little ones who might be killed Friday mornings. Lord, please let these women see the prayer warriors out there praying for them & give them Your truth & light & strength to just get up & walk out of there & get help from the prayer warriors. Amen!!!  (Jenny)


No comments:

Post a Comment