Thursday, January 17, 2013

January 17, 2013 - Thursday Vigil


Christine & I blest ourselves with holy water, sprinkled a bit on the ground, then began walking while she read the opening prayers. I held my Lady of Guadalupe candle, too windy for it to stay lit & I'll tell ya, even though it was 30, with the wind it seemed much!!! colder, so layers are a must now when you prayer at WomenCare. Christine began leading the rosary with a brief Joyful Mystery before each Hail Mary. Maribeth arrived to join us. We held our pro-life signs & walked slowly on the grass toward the traffic light. That way was fine, the wind was at our backs but walking back toward the abortion mill we really had to hold on to our signs because of the strong wind every now & then & our faces felt frozen. We then sang the Chaplet of Divine Mercy. Our prayer hour this evening was for all involved in abortion in any way & the Chaplet especially for the conversion of the abortion doctors. Then Maribeth closed our vigil with a beautiful prayer for all who will be attending the March for Life in Wash, D.C. I was really glad to get in my car as my fingers were quite cold but I warmed up in a few minutes, so that hour of a little pain from the cold I gladly offered up to God in reparation for the sin of abortion.  (Jenny)




No comments:

Post a Comment