Saturday, March 9, 2013

Day 24 - March 8, 2013

Christine & I blest ourselves with holy water, sprinkled a bit on the ground then faced WomanCare abortion mill as she read the opening prayers.  Then Maribeth arrived & we three walked along the grass area holding our prolife signs as Christine led us in the Holy Rosary reading a brief Sorrowful Mystery meditation before each Hail Mary. Then she led the Chaplet from the booklet with St. Faustina's medications on the Passion. We then faced the flag & said the Pledge of Allegiance to close our vigil. I'm glad I dressed in layers... not quite summertime yet. We heard happy honks & saw thumbs up throughout our prayer hour. No negatives this evening.

We did have one lady who drove up saying that she agreed with us, but still thought a woman should have the choice when it involves rape.  We explained that less than 1% of abortions are due to actual rape--most women who claim its rape are just fearful because of what they consented to do.  Also, it has been documented that women who carry to term and then adopt out their child conceived in rape have a better chance of healing from the trauma of being raped.  Why violate your body willingly by choosing abortion?  The lady who drove up was very friendly and took in all we shared.  Thank you God for the ability and opportunity to speak up for life! (Maribeth)

I told them I had the blessing of being able to get to the funeral home to give Mrs. Pong a big hug from all of us PW's & to let her & her son & daughter know that we will keep them & their entire family in our prayers as they go through this difficult time of Mr. Pong passing away. She hugged me so tight & said to thank everyone for all their prayers, love & support.  She just sobbed & it broke my heart but I held on to her & let her have a good cry.  They had a beautiful memory card for Mr. Pong with a great picture of him on it & some Chinese thoughts about him: Suffered hardship. Survived independently. ~ Regained self-confidence. Worked diligently toward a better life. ~ Being an honest and humble man. Fulfilled the filial duty to the parents. ~ Raised children by his example so that they would pursue their successes earnestly. ~ Treated others generously. Maintained trustworthiness and integrity. ~ Loved his family. Cared for them considerably. ~ Never expected anything in return. Was always ready to help others.  I left the funeral home thinking that we must try to live like Mr. Pong did because we never know when God will call us home. He was born in Feb 1948, so is just a bit older then me & it made me realize that every day is so precious & I must do my best each day that God gives me to make this world a better place. Shawn's message lets us know a very good way to do good in this world - pray at an abortion mill. I am so glad I am able to do so.  (Jenny)



No comments:

Post a Comment