Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Day 35 - March 19, 2013

I was blest with Richard joining me this chilly evening ~27 degrees & with the wind it felt like 17. We were both bundled up well & ready for our prayer hour.  The nice young man that talked with us the other night walked by & said "you two go home & get warmed up."  I said, "no, we are just starting our prayer hour."  He said, "God bless you, stay warm then waved to us & walked on.

We blest ourselves with holy water & sprinkled a bit on the ground & Richard offered up our prayer intentions for the night as we walked over to the lawn area facing WomanCare abortion mill.  I began reading all the opening prayers & as it was really!!! windy & cold, we decided to walk the entire time to keep warm.  Richard led the Holy Rosary as I read a brief Sorrowful Mystery meditation before each Hail Mary.

Another blessing for this evening was that two young women stopped by to talk. They had been wanting to talk to PW's for a while & finally got the time. One of them lives in the area & the other one lives in Fraser. Richard explained a little bit to them & I gave them each an info packet so they can check out our website & also one of them picked out two pro-life signs from my trunk. They are going to start praying soon in front of WomanCare, not this evening though, neither of them was dressed for the chilly night. What darling girls!!!

Richard then led the Chaplet of Divine Mercy for the conversion of all abortionists & their staffs & we actually had enough time for him to lead another rosary. I could see folks giving us the thumbs up as we walked against the wind. It almost knocked up back now & then.  At 7pm we faced the flag & closed our prayer vigil with the Pledge of Allegiance.  We also said a prayer for the woman who stops by often & asks PW's to pray for various women who are hurting from abortion & we prayed for all those post-abortive women as well.  I was so glad to get in my car to warm up my freezing fingers & toes.  This was definitely one of those nights when you had a bit of extra pain to offer up for the end of this evil in our world.  (Jenny)

No comments:

Post a Comment