Thursday, March 20, 2014

SPRING 2014 40 DAYS FOR LIFE: Day 16 - March 20

6:00 p.m. Prayer Vigil

Facing WomanCare abortion mill, I blest myself with holy water, sprinkled a bit on the ground around me & said all my opening prayers~so glad I was dressed in layers, as it was 38 & windy!!! I started to walk to keep warm & Maribeth arrived...yeah!!!. She offered up our intentions for the Holy Rosary which we said together, with a brief Luminous Mystery before each Hail Mary.  Our darling PW's Eleanor & Ed prayed from their car...excellent!!! My sign almost took off a few times with this evening's gusts of wind~glad I had the string wrapped around my arm.

For the conversion of abortionists, the closing of WomanCare abortion mill, & for our fellow PW's who are going through difficult time1s, we sang the Chaplet of Divine Mercy.  We received the usual blank, apathetic looks from some but smiles, waves & thumbs up from many others & from his car as he was stopped for the red light, a young man said "we are praying for you,"~so nice of him!!! It is great to know that 99% of folks passing by are really glad we are out there in peaceful prayer to end the killing of innocent little babies in the womb. It was a little after 7:00 as we faced that big, beautiful American flag on the other side of the street & with hands over our hearts we said the Pledge of Allegiance. We see so many folks with a Rosary hanging from their rearview mirrors. My prayer is that each one of them will receive a "Holy Push" from Our Lord & will stop by just to lead one prayer before going on their way~that would be really excellent~it has happened before & I'm sure it will happen again.  (Jenny)

No comments:

Post a Comment