Monday, March 5, 2012

Day 12 - March 4, 2012

Gino, Nick, and Carmen were just finishing their prayer hour as we arrived.  Five of us were there for the 6 pm prayer vigil: Connie, Carmen, Darryl, Maribeth, & myself. We took turns reading various pro-life prayers from our booklet & singing songs while holding our Pray to End Abortion signs toward traffic.  We received many happy honks of approval & one long honk with a finger out of the driver's side.  I said "you're #1 in our book also"... but then immediately said, "that person is #1 for us right now to say a prayer for..and we read Aunt Stella's prayer for that person."  My Lord, I offer this to You.  Teach me to forgive as Christ forgave, to love as He loved."  Then Connie, Darryl, Maribeth, & I walked the second half of the hour taking turns holding the pro-life signs & leading the rosary, reading a brief Sorrowful Mystery meditation before each Hail Mary.  We ended a little after 7 pm & Maribeth said our closing prayer & we all huddled together for a group hug & sang, "Jesus, remember me when You come into Your kingdom, Oh Jesus, remember me, when You come into Your Kingdom."  I picked up my won tong soup & we all headed for home. (Jenny P)

Our reflection for our Prayer Vigil was the Holy Innocents -- the time when Herod had all the baby boys slaughtered because he felt threatened by this new King that was born.  Sad to say, the slaughter of the Holy Innocents happens each day by people who feel threatened by the tiny life that God has given them.  Did you know that in the United States, over 3,500 babies are physically killed in the womb?  And, in the world, the number goes over 125,000 each day.  Mind you...these statistics are only for medical abortions -- the count for abortions by drugs or birth control cannot even be counted!  So sad! God forgive us for our selfish ways. (Maribeth)




No comments:

Post a Comment