Sunday, February 17, 2013

Day 5 - February 17, 2013

3:00 p.m. Family Prayer Vigil
About 12 of us gathered for the first Sunday vigil of this campaign.  Oh my...19 degrees and windy....but we endured!  Our focus was on Noah and his obedience to God's calling.  The reflection noted that many people thought Noah was nuts in what he was doing...building a giant ark when there was no sign of a flood.   Many thought he was wasting his time.  Yes, the same goes for us pro-lifer's today.  Many think we are nuts and wasting time in taking the stand outside of clinics, peacefully praying and being a witness to those who stop by.  We are told that "Roe vs. Wade will never go" -- and to that, we look at the sunny skies in Noah's time and know that with God, it can change in a second!  We were encouraged to keep on keeping on -- whether it's cold, warm, sunny, rainy....no matter what the weather, we will stand together for LIFE!  Thank You Jesus for Your strength.  (Maribeth)




6:00 p.m. Prayer Vigil
At 5:28 pm, I was ready to sit down & watch some golf that Tom had recorded then... oh my gosh!!! I thought to myself... I have to go pray, so I bundled up & left for the 6pm prayer vigil. After blessing myself with holy water & sprinkling a bit on the ground I started my opening prayers & my walk to the traffic light & back to the abortion mill... a negative happened right away... a young couple drove by & he gave me the "#1" sign. I just held up my Pray to End Abortion sign, waved & smiled & said a prayer for the conversion to light of he & the young women riding with him. He kept pointing that finger at me... I guess he wanted to make sure that I saw the finger he was pointing at me. I kept smiling & praying & pointing my pro-life sign toward them. I thought to myself, Jesus loves everyone, even those misguided ones who think abortion is ok. They drove off, so sad to see this but right away, the My Pizza Place delivery guy stopped to see how we PW's are doing. I shared the negative with him but he said we get sooo many more positives & I said you are absolutely right. We will never!!! go away until this killing ends. Then I heard happy honks throughout the rest of the prayer hour. I prayed as usual for all involed in abortion in any way as I meditated on the Sorrowful Mysteries then sang the Chaplet of Divine Mercy for all doctors who perform this evil on women, that they will realize what harm they are doing. I then faced the flag, said the Pledge of Allegiance & it was time to go. Jesus, thank you for the negatives we PW's experience because we can join that feeling with Your Passion that You offered up to God our Father for us sinners. Jesus, I trust in You!!! (Jenny)

No comments:

Post a Comment